The College Preparatory & Leadership Academy
5 Years of Education, Inspiration and Transformation
Thank you to everyone who has helped us grow into a high-quality school that's making an impact in the community and in the world. Here are some of the highlights from the last 5 years.
- Increased enrollment by 600% from year 1 to the present.
- Enrolled students from 8 different counties
- Expanded from K-5 to Preschool-11th grade in 5 years
- Established community partnerships: NC A&T State University, High Point University, Leadership LINKS, Inc., Enriching Tomorrow’s Young Men, Elon University
- Hiring more male teachers and support staff that reflect the population served
- Increasing arts department while others are cutting programs
- Growing sports program including basketball, volleyball, track, cross country, and cheerleading
- Surpassed county average for 3rd Grade Read to Achieve Proficiency
- Met or exceeded growth 4 of 5 years
- Closing the gap that promotes higher education in communities that have limited resources
- Visiting colleges and universities in all grade levels
- Increased technology resources
- Joined the Early College Promise Partnership with Guilford Technical Community College
- Founded an early high school program that places students on an academic track for an Ivy League level college experience
- Renovated, furnished and moved into a 90,000 sqft building within the first 3 years.
- Completed 5 years of annual independent financial audits with no findings of material weakness
- Revitalized Furniture Avenue and made it’s real estate commercially viable after years of abandonment and foreclosures
- Grew into the largest black-owned employer in the Greater High Point vicinity.
- Increased budget and revenue every year.
- Opened a Preschool
- Presented Royal Showcase with international musical artists to the community
- Established a waitlist for enrollment
- Received State Superintendent's Growth Award